Questions for Your Doctor if You’ve Just Been Diagnosed With Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Here is a list of questions, prepared by WebMD experts, that are important to ask your health care provider if you are diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease:
1. What caused my pelvic inflammatory disease? Do I have an underlying infection?
2. What are my treatment options?
3. Can I expect any side effects from the medications?
4. Should my sexual partner(s) be treated?
5. Has there been any damage to my reproductive organs? If so, can it be reversed?
6. What is the risk for recurrence of my pelvic inflammatory disease?
7. Could my fertility be compromised?
8. Are there any treatments available that could help me have children in the future?
9. When is it safe to resume sexual activity? Are there any specific precautions I need to take?
10. Are there any clinical trials I could participate in?