MALAYSIA INTERNATIONAL BORDERS TO REOPEN ON 1 APRIL 2022
In a press statement on 8 March 2022, Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob discussed the reopening of Malaysia's borders. He hopes Malaysia can reopen safely and enter the endemic stage on 1 April 2022.
source - nikkei asia
ENDEMIC STAGE BEGINNING 1 APRIL 2022
- Masks still required in public places.
- No more curfew on business operation hours.
- F & B can operate for 24 hours.
- MySejahtera still required to be in use, except for spaces with no large crowds.
- Solat Jemaah, prayers, must be done without physical distancing.
- Malaysians may travel domestically regardless of vaccination status.
Malaysia’s borders reopen 1 April, 2022
- Malaysian citizens able to travel to other countries with open borders.
- Malaysians with necessary travel documents are able to travel back into Malaysia without applying for the MyTravelPass permit
- Quarantine will not be required for fully-vaccinated travelers into Malaysia. They will have to undergo a RT-PCR swab test 2 days before departure and RTK test 24 hours upon arrival at the KLIA airport.
- Travel to countries with closed borders may still occur using existing VTL availability where appropriate.